Continuing our cancer prevention and education campaign, let’s talk about how what we put in us, body, mind and spirit, either helps us or harms us….
Studies are proving that only 5-1 of breast cancer cases are genetic. That means that the other 90-95 is due to personal choices and environmental toxicities, which puts you back in control. Just think!! By changing your diet and lifestyle, you could reduce your lifetime risk of developing breast cancer by 95. WOW!!! Prevention is so much more effective in overall well-being. By being proactive, and doing the things that you would do to “treat” cancer, hopefully you will avoid it entirely.
I see so many people in our office that are trying to overcome illness and disease. A very small percent, maybe 5, come in because they want to avoid illness and disease. They would like to create a prevention-based lifestyle, and they want to learn and know what to do live their best lives. This is most definitely a conscious decision that they make. They know that means changing their habits, their diets, and their emotional energy. Maybe they’ve watched a loved one suffer, or experienced a health scare of their own, but whatever the case, they have determined the value of better health, doing what’s necessary to gain it and keep it, is worth the effort.
There are some basic guidelines. We know to reduce the risk of cancer we need to increase the effectiveness of our immune system, as well as reduce inflammation, balance gut bioses, enhance antioxidant activity, optimize circulation, and control blood sugar. Following are some ways to rebalance your inner system with those elements in mind:
1. Have your spine evaluated for subluxation. In 1975, Ronald Pero, Ph.D., chief of cancer prevention research at New York's Preventive Medicine Institute and professor in Environmental Health at New York University, began researching the most scientifically valid ways to estimate individual susceptibility to various chronic diseases. He has conducted a tremendous amount of research in this area that includes over 160 published reports in peer reviewed journals. Pero's team measured 107 individuals who had received long-term Chiropractic care. The chiropractic patients were shown to have a 200 greater immune competence than people who had not received chiropractic care, and a 400 greater immune competence than people with cancer or serious diseases. Interestingly, Pero found no decline with the various age groups in the study demonstrating that the DNA repairing enzymes were just as present in long-term chiropractic senior groups as they were in the younger groups. Pero concluded, 'Chiropractic may optimize whatever genetic abilities you have so that you can fully resist serious disease...I have never seen a group other than this show a 200 increase over normal patients.' #getchecked
2. Clear your mind and energy field of negative emotions. Practice forgiveness. Turn off the news. Listen to classical music. Keep a “junk journal”. This is something that Lily shared with me recently. Write down all the worthless thoughts that pop into your mind and at the end of the day, release them by burning the page or shredding it. If you feel like these negative energies are trapped, seek a qualified Body Code practitioner to help identify and release those emotions that are stuck, and while you’re at it, make sure that you do not have a heart wall. A heart wall is layers of emotional baggage that is preventing you from giving and receiving pure love. These heart walls prevent strengthening of relationships with other people and also with our Creator. They hold us back from being the human beings that we were created to be. Studies have shown that our thoughts can make epigenetic changes in a nano-second, so think healthy thoughts. Please. Thank you. I love you.
3. Choose eating plans with a heavy emphasis on organic, non-gmo fruits and vegetables. All plant foods contain phyto-nutrients that aid healing. Along with those food groups, herbs also have properties that protect against and inhibit the proliferation of cancer while strengthening, cleansing and repairing the body. These include green leafy vegetables, cruciferous vegetables, like broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, sea vegetables, like kelp and dulse, fruits, especially berries and dark grapes with seeds and skins, garlic, ginger, turmeric and green tea, among many others. A diet containing an abundance of organic plant foods, approximately 80, provides layers of nutritional protection. Using herbs and spices like rosemary, oregano, cayenne, curry, basil, cilantro and black pepper are also highly beneficial for optimizing health.
4. Being stressed is distress for your body. We are ALL affected by it including younger and younger children as they manage the stress of school, youth activities, peers, their environment and the residual stress that they feel from their parents. There are so many new opportunities and innovative ways to “do life”! To gain peace in your world, open your mind to the possibilities. Be diligent and aggressive at making choices that maximize balance in your day-to-day lifestyle. This was the conclusion from a study done in 2010 and published in Future Oncol’s December edition. “In modern lifestyle societies, chronic stress has been associated with the pathogenesis of many diseases, including cancer. Chronic stress results in the activation of specific signaling pathways in cancer cells and the tumor microenvironment, leading to tumor growth and progression. Elucidation of these pathways is essential for the development of novel approaches to block the deleterious effects of stress biology on cancer growth and metastasis.” Go to your happy place as often as possible! https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3037818/
5. Supplement your well-balanced food plan with nutrients known to reduce inflammation, spark vitality, and increase immune function. Supplements are, well, supplements! They can not take the place of a nutrient-rich diet, but they can help accelerate health and well-being! I am a proponent of on-going elimination of stealth pathogens. These viral, bacterial, and fungal bad guys are sneaky, and so we must be diligent in our attack. We recommend cycling, or pulse dosing, several herbal heavy-hitters, like Echinacea, Thuja, Neem, Cat’s Claw, and Artemisia, and depending on the client and their circumstances, we may also recommend Lemon Balm, Burdock and Sanicle. If you do energy testing, you can check yourself to see which combination is right for you. We also advocate the use of L-lysine, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, balanced ratio of Omega-3 & 6, Iodine, and B-12 in doses that are appropriate for balancing the body. There are also several protocols designed to attack irregular cells to increase wellness. They are more complex, but if this is something that you need more information about, please let us know.
6. Optimize gut function with probiotics and fermented foods, like sauerkraut, organic pickles, kombucha, beet kvass, kefir to balance viral biome, fungus biome, and bacterial biome. The gut is the storage facility for your immune system. It’s where huge colonies of cancer-fighters can proliferate and be on the defensive for pathogenic invaders. Feed them well.
7. Activate your lymphatic system by moving your body! One of the funnest and most effective ways to get lymph fluid flowing is by using a rebounder, aka mini-trampoline. You can be as gentle or aggressive as you’d like, but I recommend getting one with a handlebar if that’s the case! 🙂 Walking 30 minutes a day is just as effective. There was an impressive study released recently that concluded that walking 30 minutes a day could reduce the recurrence of breast cancer by 50!
8. Connect to your Creator! Nurture that relationship. Read about how much He adores you. Find out about the special purpose that you were created for in the love letter that He wrote to you! Allow this gratitude to fill you up to overflowing until you are blessing everyone around you with a word of encouragement or a simple smile! This will reset your soul and allow your spirit to discern the necessary steps to take on your journey to your living well life.
9. Focusing on all the glorious things that we can do to promote health should keep us busy being well, but I wanted to touch on some important things to AVOID when building up your wellness muscles! 1) All processed foods, which includes ALL PROCESSED FOODS: “The term processed food is any food that has been purposely changed in some way prior to consumption. It includes food that has been cooked, canned, frozen, packaged or changed in nutritional composition with fortifying, or preserving or altering in some way.” 2) Fast food: see previous statement 3) Refined white sugar: feeds cancer cells and other pathogens 4) Smoked meats: processed meats contain high levels of nitrites, sodium, and sugars. Many of these meats are preserved by smoking them, which adds flavor, but also increases exposure to carcinogens. 5) Vaccinations: “This vaccine has not been evaluated for its carcinogenic or mutagenic potentials or impairment of fertility.” This phrase or one similar can be found on just about every vaccine package insert and should be an encouragement to do more research and to evaluate the risk to benefit ratio of being injected. Most vaccines contain carcinogenic substances, such as formaldehyde, mercury, aluminum, and Polysorbate 80, all linked to cancer, neurological issues, and interference with metabolic and cellular processes.
10. One last thing… Avoid overwhelm. Make small shifts that support sustainability of your new lifestyle! Simple steps are steps.
The choices that we would make to treat illness are the same choices that we should be making to prevent cancer and other debilitating diseases. Addressing the nutritional deficiencies by feeding the organs, glands and cells of the body whole foods brings it back into a state of true wellness. You can create your own personalized protocol by listening to the needs of your body, and providing the tools and building blocks that it requires to recreate itself in perfect harmony. These new daily habits will then become a permanent part of your living well life.
If you have questions, please email here. We are here to guide you on your quest for best!
Next up: Carcinogens, endocrine disruptors, industrial chemicals, and heavy metals… What are you putting ON your body?? Follow along here: a Living Well Life.
10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
7:30 AM - 4:00 PM
10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
7:30 AM - 4:00PM
Fri, Sat, Sun