One of the biggest health challenges that we face as a nation is chronic inflammation throughout the body. Each one of us manifests those challenges in different ways, but MANY times the underlying cause of the dis-ease is inflammation due to bio-burden, and lifestyle choices.
The pathology of inflammation is complex. But let’s examine it simply.
Think about what happens when you get a bruise, or twist your ankle, or get a cold. The body instantaneously releases extra fluid and blood to oxygenate the tissue to support the affected area, and the immune system sends it’s fighter cells to ward off infection. This is an important and necessary part of healing. You can see the swelling, you can feel the discomfort and you realize exactly what’s happening to your body. It doesn’t feel good, but you understand it, and it’s temporary.
The challenge arises when this inflammatory condition becomes lingering and persistent AND internal. You begin having unexplained aches and pains, upset stomach, diarrhea, headaches, blood sugar imbalance, irregular heart function, and you become concerned - rightly so. Internal tissue becomes inflamed due to the same physiological response as a bruised shin. The difference is that we don’t see the damage, and it’s usually not due to a physical injury.
This modern epidemic of chronic, low-grade inflammation destroys the balance in the body and the tools that are typically used become ineffective in combating the inflammation, and disease and aging are manifested. This process is implicated in a multitude of health issues, such as Multiple Sclerosis, Crohn’s Disease, Grave’s and Hashimoto disease, Alzheimer’s disease, Type II diabetes, many other autoimmune disease, hormone disruption, cardiovascular malfunction, susceptibility to bacterial, viral, and fungal infections, among so many others.
The GOOD news is that if we change our lifestyle choices, then we change the outcome. It’s a matter of actions and consequences - a simple concept that we used as foundational training for the girls as they were growing up. It created an environment where Terry and I weren’t the bad guys - we were simply the enforcers of the rules. If you choose to be selfish, then a time-out is the result. If you choose to sneak out of the house at midnight, then the result is 3 months without a car, phone or privileges. (Yes, this happened!) :) It’s the same with our health choices. If we choose to eat that Whopper, then acid reflux, insulin resistance, clogged arteries, and greasy skin are the result. If we choose to eat that baby kale salad with olive oil-roasted beets, carrots and onions, seasoned with rosemary and thyme, and served with a handful of walnuts and wild blueberries, then the result is sustained energy, soft, clear skin, better eye sight, an immune boost, and a restorative night’s sleep.
We need to be proactive and make educated choices, so the body can reduce inflammation, reverse the disease process, and revitalize function throughout the entire system. This concept can be your reality. Here’s how.
5 Vitalizing Steps to combat chronic inflammation, disease, and discomfort, AND reduce the signs of aging:
1. Avoid trigger foods such as sugar, soy, all GMO grains including wheat, corn, oats, etc, commercial dairy, all packaged foods, and other specific items that have caused known allergic reactions in your family. For some people, eating peanuts will trigger a headache, so avoid those foods that you know don’t make you feel well.
2. Establish a new beauty routine with toxin-free products such as Crunchi, and Balm skincare, or HollyBeth Organics to eliminate endocrine imbalance which can produce reproductive inflammation - like polycystic ovarian syndrome, endometriosis, and exacerbate menopausal symptoms.
3. Eliminate toxicity throughout your home with safe swaps. Email email@example.com for a comprehensive master list of better choices called “The Living Well List of Toxin-free Alternatives”. AND minimize chemical exposure by purchasing only organic fruits, vegetables and foods.
4. Create a balanced physical, emotional and spiritual environment - stress of all types creates inflammation as your adrenal glands send extra cortisol and epinephrine to combat the perceived (or real) threat to the body. These next steps will help to reduce that biofilm: Prioritize your nervous system care plan for restorative results, move more - park a little further, and take the stairs if possible, nurture live plants in your home to naturally clean the air, maintain a schedule to identify and release trapped emotions with a body code specialist, and stay connected with the Creator through His Word, prayer, and up-lifting music in your home and automobile.
5. Eat foods daily that help to reduce inflammation, like several cups of leafy greens, 1 teaspoon of ground turmeric in your Veg-E Pro smoothie, 1/2 cup wild Maine blueberries, grass-fed beef, wild-caught salmon, olive oil, sweet potatoes, 1/4 cup organic walnuts, and 3 cups of Fresh Ginger Root Tea using the recipe below.
GINGER ROOT TEA: A LIVING WELL ELIXIR
I use this special recipe integrated into most of the personalized protocols and dietary guidelines that we create for our clients. They experience excellent improvement with consistent use. This also becomes a base for combining other energy-tested herbs, like red clover, milk thistle, or rose hips to further enhance the healing response.
1 large (size of your hand) piece of organic ginger root, peeled
4 quarts of filtered water
Cut the ginger root into 1/4 inch slices and add to a pot with 4 quarts of water. Bring to a boil, then turn the heat off and let it steep for 30 minutes. You can have your first cup at this point. Strain some of the liquid, add up to two tablespoons of honey (less if you can) and sip on it for 15 minutes or so. Store the remaining tea in a glass container with the gingerroot pieces in it. Refrigerate. Drink at least 3 cups per day for the most benefit.
I encourage you to put these 5 Vitalizing Steps to work for you today, and watch your system transform into a balanced, functional and living well body!