It's almost here....packing lunches, early morning carpool and homework. We want to share 5 tips with you to help start your school year off right!
1) FIND A GOOD BACKPACK! A good backpack is light, snug and comfortable to wear, with 2 wide padded straps and a waist strap. Pack the heaviest objects closest to the body, and any odd shaped objects placed on the outside, away from the back.
2) WHEN MOVING YOUR KIDS INTO A COLEGE DORM... Lifting heavy boxes can give you back pain. Before lifting make sure that you have balanced footing and a good grip. Keep the object close to your body and bend from the hips and knees.
3) STUDYING... When you are studying or reading a book, use a book stand so that your book is eye level. This will reduce the amount of strain on your neck and shoulders from having your book lay flat.
4) SITTING IN CLASS... Sit with your shoulders back and chin tucked in. Don't arch your back or slump forward. Between classes stand up, walk around and stretch.
5) GET ADJUSTED! Starting the school year off with an aligned spine and balanced nervous system keeps the communication open from your brain to your body. And don't forget- 90% of the stimulation and nutrition to the brain is generated by the movement of the spine.